Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Stress of Driving - Webisode 30

Add to My Profile | More Videos

I hate driving and drivers.

I have a dual citizenship. My parents were on vacation (both U.K. natives) visiting some relatives who had just recently moved here (Southern California - 1966) when I was born.

I moved to the U.K. when I was a month old. I visited the states several times growing up visiting relatives. Traffic from what I can remember was non-existant, my family would look forward to driving on the freeway any day of the week just for fun.

Fast forward 30 + years. Traffic is horrendous. I can't stand driving, I haven't been behind the wheel since the accident. There's overpopulation in California, developers are too greedy and there's too many people driving big SUV's, which I can't stand.

Where do I go? My world is small. Anywhere I can walk or take a taxi - strict budget. Which leaves me to my local corner market and bookstore. That's it.

I'm nervous because Keren is going to take me driving today. I've never been behind the wheel with her. Will she be driving too fast? Is she the type who speaks on her cell phone while she drives? Does she not pay attention? Or is she a slow driver who insists on staying in the fast lane?

I guess there's only one way to find out.

Please let her be a good driver.

Jack

No comments: