Friday, June 29, 2007

'METAL BOX' - 6/29/07

Add to My Profile | More Videos


'METAL BOX' - 6/29/07

I'm tired of receiving emails from people who are angry that I'm driving an SUV. First of all I feel safe driving in my Range Rover. I'm always paranoid that someone is going to plow into my vehicle.

I don't feel safe driving a small car. I don't drive fast around curves. An SUV is a truck not a sports car.

I like the feeling of sitting high in the vehicle, I'm not a fast driver, but I am careful.

I don't talk on my cell phone while I drive and I am respectful of other drivers. So I'm not a 'Self-centered SUV driving idiot.

When I was living in the U.K. I owned several Land Rover 109's and Land Rover Defender 110's, so I am very familiar with the vehicle I also restored many 109's as a hobby. The Rover 109 had no creature comforts, it was a real truck. Unfortunately it's very expensive to obtain one of them in the states, plus they're not meant for everyday freeway driving.

I get enough grief from Keren who states how much she hates my car. Maybe I should have bought a Diesel vehicle and converted it over to Bio-Diesel.

Why should I feel bad? After all I need to feel safe. I only drive when I have to , I walk whenever I can.

No comments: